Northern Wellness and Fitness Center, formerly ProHealth Fitness, was established by Dr. Nelson Gardner in the year 2000. ProHealth Center merged with Northern Hospital of Surry County, becoming Northern Wellness and Fitness, in October of 2015. It is a 40,000 square foot state-of-the- art exercise facility.
- Northern Wellness & Fitness offers a 25-meter, standard lane, marked heated indoor pool, and Jacuzzi. The indoor pool is open year round. Women’s and men’s restrooms with showers are provided in the indoor pool area. Our large outdoor pool is equipped with lounge chairs and shaded tables. The outdoor pool is open annually, May through September.
- A full size basketball gym is available, equipped with 6 basketball nets, and removable pickle ball and volleyball nets, along with portable gym-sized wrestling mats and full-size punching bag.
- Adjacent to the gym is the large aerobics room, one of the most popular areas. The aerobic room is equipped with all you need for your Functional Fitness training; we have several CrossFit level-1 trainers, three floor to ceiling climbing ropes, two tractor-sized rubber tires, kettle bells, wooden boxes, and a closet full of weight bars, hand weights, medicine balls, and mats are ready to help you train.
- A highlight of the facility is the upstairs, climate controlled, rubber-padded walking track.
- The small, all mirrored aerobics room is perfect for those one-on-one personal training sessions.
- Our multi-purpose gym is equipped with a large variety of Nautilus machines including treadmills, ellipticals, stair climber, and bicycles. A large free weight area is also located in the open workout room.
- Full locker rooms are available for men and women providing restrooms, showers, lockers, and hair blow dryers, as well as saunas.
- A large parking lot surrounds the building on the front and side, that is well lit during evening hours, providing a safe environment for our guests.
- Childcare available. Enjoy working out while your kids have fun with our friendly staff in a safe and nurturing environment.
M-F 8:30am-12:00 pm
M-Th 4:30pm-8:00 pm
Mighty Muscles Classes:
Mon Not Available
Tues 6:00pm-6:45pm Jiu Jitsu (see receptionist about cost of this class)
Wed Not Available
Thurs 6:00pm-6:45pm Jiu Jitsu (see receptionist about cost of this class)
Fri Not Available
Sat 10:00am-10:45am Jiu Jitsu (see receptionist about cost of this class)